There are things in life that are truly treasures, but sometimes we’re so busy that even though we enjoy them we don’t really notice them. Here are a few:
- Warm showers
- A glass of cold water on a hot day
- A daughter’s smile and hug
- A son who is working hand in hand with me on my project
- A weekend with my wife
- A phone call from a friend
- Sharing chores (so no one person gets stuck with them)
- Watching my grandson play T-Ball
I’ve been reading the headlines. “Breaking” news may be a misnomer – most of it seems just plain broke. After reading the headlines I initially got frustrated, but then I regrouped and realized that the blessings are everywhere if we but notice them.
There are always great arguments about how the world came to be. To me, Genesis says that from earliest times people knew that God was responsible for creation. God is under no obligation to us to explain what He did, how He did it, and how long it took Him. I accept that He created everything. I also like the fact that after He created things, He saw that they were good.
I’ve decided to follow His example and focus on the good in things.