The following resolutions are available to all. They have the benefit of being infinitely keepable, and even if you break them you will not feel bad.
- I will not forsake my family in order to concentrate on advanced quantum physics throughout 2012.
- I will not allow myself to become romantically distracted by Charlie Sheen, Sinead O’Conner or any member of the Kardashian family.
- I will avoid garlic, onion and fragrant cheeses, unless, of course, the recipe calls for them.
- In order to preserve my right to complain, I will vote. “Voting” includes going to the voting site, picking up my ballot and turning it in blank because none of the candidates are satisfactory.
- I will not pick unnecessary fights with Chuck Norris.
- I will take a minute each day to concentrate on what was right with it, enjoy it, and give thanks for it.
- At least once a week I will cleanse my mind of all frustrations for just 60 seconds, and look at my children and focus on what’s right with them.
- After completing #7, I will tell them what is so special about them and how much it means to me.
- I will take time to look into the eyes of my spouse, my significant other, or other most-important-person and share with them what I feel.
- I will thank God for the blessings, for His help in getting through the difficult parts, and for just being there for.