Back in my healthcare days, there was a general practice physician who delivered babies, which back then was still quite common. This was long before ultrasound could provide an image of sufficient clarity to determine sex, so the reveal didn’t occur until the baby was born.
Naturally, soon-to-be parents back then were as interested in knowing as much about their child as parents are today. This physician’s solution was to tell the mother during a routine prenatal visit that her baby was a boy. At the same time, he’d write in her chart “girl.”
After the birth, if it was a boy, he’d say, “I told you so.” If it was a girl, he’d show her the entry in the chart.
[If I had a clever segue, it would go here.]
I have been trying to avoid most of the alleged news–and that refers to every single outlet, from ABC to Zee in India because my blood pressure is high enough already, thank you. The news reports are:
- The COVID-19 pandemic will be around for years if not centuries.
- We’ll have a vaccination in a few months and COVID-19 will be obliterated.
- Mail-in ballots suffer from voter fraud.
- Some states have been using mail-in ballots with no problems; the President and his Press Secretary vote by mail and have done so for years..
- The economy is great–look at the stock market.
- The economy is terrible–look at unemployment.
Like that old doctor, I think the only thing to believe is the news media is positioning itself to be able to say, “I told you so.”